Thursday, March 19, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game..

Punk is starting t-ball this year. He is so excited and has been out every warm day this week practicing throwing and catching with SB. It's so funny watching him pick up on his dad's way of talking.

"Hey Dad, that had some 'gas' on it didn't it!?"

So cute!

We got the call earlier this week from his coach letting us know that practice starts Monday and that he was to go in on Wednesday(yesterday) to get fitted for his shirt. We were also informed that SB would get to be the assistant coach, and let me tell you that was so exciting for me!

I really want us to be active in our kids activities. Not just become the parents that drop off our kid and show back up at the end to take them home. So by SB getting to be assistant coach, I know that we are off to a great start in supporting Punk and letting him know we are there for him ALL THE WAY!

Anyway, last night Punk and SB took off to go get sized for shirts and Punk had the BIGGEST SMILE on his face. He looked so grown up it about broke my heart. After about an hour or so and they hadn't shown back up, I started to get a bit concerned and called SB on his cell.

Me: "Where are you?"

SB: "Oh, we had to go to the other sports store to get his pants & socks because the other place didn't have his size."

Me: "I didn't know you were getting that stuff today?"

SB: "Yeah..well..Punk can be pretty persuasive."

(tell me about it!)

So they finally get home and Punk starts pulling his purchases out of his bag. Out comes black pants and red socks.

Me: "His colors are black and red?"

SB: "Yep..lucky boy!"

Me: "Lucky MOMMY..I wont have to worry about buying stock in "Spray & Wash" to keep his pants white!"

Let me just add that Punk's FAVORITE colors are black & red. If he had his way we'd paint our house black.

So, he is happy, I am happy. Let's PLAY BALL!

1 comments:

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

Black pants is lucky, very lucky! I can't wait until Monkey is old enough to start participating in things!