Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He Lets Me Cry

This toothache I have is the worst I have ever had in my life. And let me tell ya, I've HAD toothaches! Apparently, after seeing the dentist yesterday, the tooth that broke has an exposed nerve and that is the reason for the intense pain. He prescribed me a pain killer to take until the tooth can be removed on Thursday, but it's really not helping. At least not at the dosage that he has prescribed.

Last night after getting home I immediately took one and started to get some relief. I was thrilled! Only 45 minutes later, after eating dinner, the pain was back and it was worse than before. I think more of the tooth crumbled or something and more of that nerve became exposed. Well, I ended up being convinced by my husband to take another dose after just 2 hours of taking the first, even those I am supposed to wait a full 4 hours. He told me that with as close to bedtime as it was I would want to get that pain under control so I could sleep.

Thirty minutes after taking the second dose, I was in so much pain that I ended up crawling into bed with an ice pack and crying so hard I could barely catch my breath. SB came back and talked to me about how awful I felt and just let me cry.

Once I had held the ice on my cheek long enough to numb me up a bit, I calmed down and thanked SB for just letting me cry.

He looked at me and said "Why wouldn't have I?"

And it hit me. I have an AWESOME husband. (not that I didn't already know) But he could have either ignored me and stayed in the family room or told me to suck it up and be quiet. But he didn't. He loves me, he knew my pain, and he just let me cry until I wore myself out.

Things like that are nice reminders of why I fell in love with him in the first place, and why I will love him for the rest of my life.

Oh and by the way..I'm still miserable. But hanging in there..

1 comments:

skyesgirl2 said...

Awesome! What a blessing from God! I am very happy for you, and will be praying for a full/quick recovery!