Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Little Mommy

I love taking pictures of my kids. For me, the candid shots when they're just being themselves and not posing for the camera, are the best! It's hard to do because they hear the "do do do" sound when the camera turns on the they all start yelling "CHEESE!" Here's a couple of examples:

CANDID:


SUPER-CHEESE:



My daughter, Twinkletoes, cracks me up. She wants to be JUST like me. I find it very flattering, but it makes me concerned for the day when she decides she wants nothing to do with me. I try to think that that will never happen. But I know the day will come. Well the other day T, being T, decided that she wanted to take pictures like me and practically yanked the camera out of my hand. She started snapping away, and this is the result of that. Personally, I think she did a great job! I absolutely adore the picture she took of Ducky and me.


f

For Twinkletoes, it doesn't stop at picture taking. She wants her hair styled like mine. She wants to wear makeup like me (I don't let her, although sometimes I do put a little blush or lip gloss on her to appease her). She insists on sitting like me, saying things that I say all the time. She just is a little mommy and I love her for that!


I'm curious, in what ways do your own kids try to be like you.

1 comments:

MrsM said...

I don't think my kids want to be like me so much as be directly on top of me at all times. Ha ha ha.

What a cute picture your daughter took!