Monday, June 15, 2009

Just Jen

I am excited to announce, that after YEARS of searching..I finally have a girlfriend again! I haven't had one since I was probably 18. I have other "mom friends" but we spend our time chatting about kids, and husbands, and household-running. I have just been needing a girlfriend that I could talk to about anything and everything ELSE! And I finally got one!

And the best part is..she's my neighbor! So we can pop in on each other, whenever. Well, when she's not at work.

Friday night after Will had gone to bed, I was invited over for drinks and girl talk with one of her co-workers. It was so much fun and I didn't make it back into my house until almost 2am! Then last night she stopped by for a chat, and this morning before she went to work she came over for advice on her guy problems, and I was SO happy to be there for her.

I've truly missed this! The kids love that she has a 10 year old daughter who likes to play with them. And we like that they can entertain each other and leave us time to talk.

She's single, so therefore it's not a "couple thing" when she comes over. That would be fine, but I really like that she's MY friend. And not just friends with me because her husband/boyfriend is friends with SB. And I like that she's MY friend and not just friends with me because our kids are the same age and we get together for playdates.

Yes, this is what I have been missing all these years. A girlfriend. And I'm so glad I've found her. I can not stress the number of times I've cried to SB that I have no friends. No real friends that I am completely comfortable to share things with and that is completely comfortable to share things with me. Things that have NOTHING to do with kids. Or cleaning tips. Just a chance for me to sit down and be JEN, not Punk's, Twinkletoes' and Ducky's mommy, or SB's wife. And she even likes SB and SB likes her, so we can still all get together and chat when the kids are playing and SB doesn't have to feel excluded if he's home and we are hanging out.

Yes indeed, this is great!!

1 comments:

MrsM said...

YAY! Good for you :)