Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Blessings & A Recipe

Oh how tired I am! I've been working out every morning for the past almost 2 weeks, and I forgot how exhausting that is! I think I need to add more calories to my diet..so I am sipping on a fantastic protein shake as I type this. Oh and I also just finished mowing my yard..hills in both front in back!

I just have to say..there is nothing, NOTHING better in my world than the feeling of sore muscles, knowing I'm trimming up again, drinking a healthy snack, enjoying a tall glass of ice water, listening to LOUD country music, all while sitting on my breezeway watching my kids play and BLOGGING! HELLO!! I love my life!!! Seriously. I DO!!

What are the things in your life that YOU love? The simple things, you know. We all know we love our husbands/significant others, children, God, all those big things are obvious ones. But what are the little things? Those are the things we tend to overlook. And then we get grumpy because our husband fell asleep on the couch instead of talking with us after a long day. Or we get grumpy because our kids refuse to listen to us and keep breaking the rules. Or we get grumpy because we prayed for a new toaster and God didn't follow though (no I have never done that, but you get the idea right?).

But you know, through all of the "let downs" in our lives we never should be grumpy because of those things. We should take that time to reflect on those little things that we are thankful for.

So, today, if you are mad about a squabble with husband, kids, God..whomever..take a moment to remember the little things that make you happy and I know that your state of mind will start to change and it will make it possible to forgive and move on from the other challenges.

Now, let me step of my soap box, and get back to that yummy protein shake! While I'm at it..let me share the recipe with you!

Chocolate Banana Smoothie
1 scoop Beachbody Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (hint: you can order from my website!)
1 cup skim or 1% milk
1T unsweetened cocoa
1T peanut butter
1 banana
1tsp honey
a little ice

**2 servings**

Blend in a blender until smooth! (EASY RIGHT??)

Calories/serving 205
Fat/serving 5g
Sat. Fat/serving 2g
Carbs 26g
Fiber 3g
Protein 17g WOO HOO!!

0 comments: