Friday, April 10, 2009

Subtle Reminders of His Love

Yesterday was a beautiful Ohio Spring day. The sun was shining, the temperature was in the mid-60's, it was absolutely perfect. Twinkletoes, Punk and I went outside after I put Ducky down for a nap and spent the first hour digging up weeds in the flowerbeds. Nothing exciting, just the 3 of us with our trowels, working together.

After we had finished with that I went inside and got them a juice box and snack and got myself a nice big glass of ice water. I sat on my swing in the back yard and just watched them.

First, they chased a white butterfly all over the yard, squealing and laughing. Then they took turns pushing each other on the swing set. They both know how to pump their legs themselves, but they were having a very rare moment of brother/sister love and I guess decided it would be more fun to help each other.

After they were bored with that they climbed "the mountain". It's really just a steep embankment at that back of our property where lots of wildlife grows. They love to play at the top of it in their own make-believe land.

I sat there absolutely amazed at the peace I felt watching them. No fighting, no crying, just the two of them enjoying each others' company. It was absolutely perfect.

I needed a day like that after what I went through on Tuesday. They are regular kids, most of their time together is spent fighting or competing for my attention, but yesterday was a rare and wonderful time. Lots of laughs, lots of love, and most of all one happy momma!

Sunday is Easter, and as you're hiding your eggs and stuffing your kids' baskets, take a few minutes to remember what the holiday is really about. He is Risen indeed!

1 comments:

Together We Save said...

I am so glad for you that the end of your week is going so well. Those moments of playing together is what life is all about.