Wednesday, April 15, 2009

100 Thing (That May or May Not Bore You To Death!)

I got the idea to post "100 Things About Me" from this blogger. I hope you enjoy..

1. I am a self-proclaimed "Twilight" addict. It's bad..really, really, bad! EDIT: The series of books..the movie was just okay for me..I think I watched it too soon after reading the book, though. I'll try it again in a couple of months.

2. My favorite color has always been purple.

3. When my husband and I got married, I was 2 months pregnant with our second child. No one knew except immediate family, until my 15 year old stepson announced it during his toast at the reception.

4. I really think I'm mildly OCD. I have to have things in a certain order, or I totally lose my cool. It's strange, but me!

5. Since buying our house in December, my husband and I have not been able to stop working on home projects or planning new projects..we really need a 12-step program!

6. My favorite cartoon when I was a kid was "The Gummi Bears".

7. I watched "Marley & Me" last night, and haven't cried like that over a movie since I saw "Beaches". (NOT recommended for anyone who has lost a beloved dog, recently!!)

8. I check my email multiple times a day. Usually it's nothing but junk, but I hate having a cluttered inbox..again OCD..

9. I am beyond mad that "Life On Mars" was canceled.

10. For that matter I'm still mad that "What About Brian" was canceled, too!

11. I only watch 1 soap opera (contrary to the opinion that SAHM's sit around and watch soaps all day).

12. I DVR that soap opera, "As The World Turns", and as of today am 4 weeks behind. I never have time to actually sit and watch it, but I always get around to it eventually. Last year I watched their Christmas episodes in March!

13. My friends and I when we were growing up (around 9 & 10) used to hold "concerts" for our families. We'd practice for days, and on Saturday night we'd subject our parents to listen to us sing, Wilson Phillips, Mariah Carey, and New Kids On The Block.

14. As many times as I THOUGHT I was in love..I realize now having been married to my husband for the last 4 years, that I never really knew love until I met him.

15. Speaking of my husband, he makes a point to leave the house in the morning before I get out of bed, because I am a total "B" when I wake up..and I stay that way until I've had at least 2 full cups of coffee.

16. I never drank coffee until this past winter. Now I can't survive without it.

17. I gained 55 pounds when I was pregnant with my first child.

18. I only gained 25 and then 30 pounds with the other 2 kids.

19. I lost the baby weight with the "Slim in 6" program, and am now a Beachbody coach.

20. My dad wanted to name me, Heather.

21. I am so glad my mom didn't let him. Not that there is anything wrong with that name, but I'm SO not a "Heather".

22. I live in the friendliest neighborhood EVER! All of the neighbors spend time outside chatting with one another. We share things with each other. We're constantly knocking on each other's doors asking to borrow something, or bringing over goodies. It is my DREAM neighborhood, and I am so happy we moved here. I've made some great, great friends! (And we've only lived here since December!)

23. I live on a "Dead End" street, so since we don't have heavy traffic, it's perfect to let the kids ride their bikes in the road..with close supervision, of course.

24. I love hardwood floors and my husband and I were thrilled to find the natural hardwood floor (in great condition)under the carpet in the dining room, living room & hallway. We ripped it all up this past weekend.

25. I learned this weekend, that taking up carpet is NOT MY THING. I have blisters and my hand still feel like it's in a permanent cramp from pulling up the 1000's of staples that were holding the carpet padding down.

26. My favorite flowers are white roses.

27. My second favorite flowers are hydrangeas..the kind with the blue tips on the petals. They composed my wedding bouquet.

28. My husband and my's song is "Remember When" by Alan Jackson.

29. My dad and my's song is "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra.

30. I would never ever ever relive my high school years if I had the chance.

31. I love the band "Hinder" and if you ever come to my house in the summer, and I happen to be drinking beer(which is almost everyday in the warm months) you will hear their CD played, over, and Over, and OVER! One of my stepson's friends hates coming to our house for that exact reason. And not because he doesn't like the band..he just got tired of hearing me playing my favorite songs on repeat..like 7 times in a row.

32. I have 5 tattoos.

33. I used to have my nose pierced and am considering doing it again.

34. When I eat at the Olive Garden, I always order the same meal, every time. I have no idea what their other food tastes like.

35. I will be 27 on my next birthday.

36. I am (sorta) a Grandma. My stepson has a 2 1/2 year old little boy. He calls me "GiGi".

37. My husband is 11 years older than I am. (He had his oldest when he was 16.)

38. I have begged my husband to let us move to Florida..he isn't budging..even though he lived there for 8 years and misses it.

39. I've come to learn that a healthy relationship involves sacrifices on both sides.

40. I'm not even half way done, and am having trouble..Maybe this may just be 50 things about me??

41. I've had 3 previous blogs before this one that I gave up. This one and STAYING, that's for sure!

42. I knit.

43. I cross-stitch.

44. I can hula dance..oh no wait..no I can't.

45. I pig out while watching "The Biggest Loser"...last night it was a root beer float...ugh..so ashamed!

46. I'm done having children. It's sad sometimes to think about, but in all honesty..I'd probably go totally insane if I had another one.

47. My son has his first t-ball game this Saturday. I can not wait!!!

48. My 3 y/o daughter has her first dance recital in June.

49. As I'm doing this I'm writing out my check for the garbage company.

50. My favorite place to be when I was a little girl was at my grandma's farm. I am a true country girl at heart, even though I've lived most of my life in town.

51. I have many many cousins, but most of them I dont talk to, which I find very sad.

52. One day I was driving home from the bank and I SWEAR I saw the guy that played Brandon in 90210 driving in a HUGE FANCY BLACK HUMMER through our town.

53. Luke Perry(who played Dylan in 90210) grew up in the town beside us..his parents still live there..so really I could have seen "Brandon" driving through our town..maybe here was here visiting with Luke Perry?

54. My cousins rode the school bus with Luke Perry when they were younger and said he was a total jerk.

55. Enough about Luke Perry...I've never been to Disney World.

56. I had never been to Florida at all until my honeymoon. I haven't been there since either. Probably because I bugged my husband for months after we came home to pack us up and MOVE!

57. I have to sleep on my stomach or I can't sleep at all.

58. I get very very angry at my husband when he falls asleep in front of the TV.

59. I LOVE to pick at people. Got a splinter? Let me squeeze it outta ya! My family avoids me at all costs when things like that happen..apparently they say "it hurts"..buncha babies!

60. I am scared to call and order pizza. Seriously, it causes me to have a mild anxiety attack. My husband gets very aggravated with me about it and has been making me do it to get over my fear.

61. I always wanted a big brother.

62. When I was a little girl, my favorite Cabbage Patch's name was "Blanche Catilda". I left her at a neighbors house one day and remembered the next weekend, only to find that they had up and moved practically in the middle of the night. Taking my beloved Blanche with them.

63. If I wasn't a mom, I'd probably have been a nurse. Who knows, maybe someday I'll go back to school and become one..but I doubt it. I like being home with my kids. I think that's very important.

64.Date nights with my husband used to consist of hitting every bar in town and making new friends along the way.

65. Now..date nights with my husband consist of going out to dinner, hitting Lowe's and working on home projects (sober) until 2 or 3 in the morning.

66. I love the sound of wooden screen doors smacking shut in the summer months. My mom just bought us a pair of screen doors to put on our breezeway doors as our Easter gift. (I'm still waiting for my husband to install them..hopefully this weekend!)

67. I used to HATE blue walls. This past weekend my husband and I painted our dining room, living room AND hallway a beautiful blue color called "Smokescreen". It looks absolutely awesome with the hardwood floors!

68. Talking on the phone with friends for hours is probably the only thing I miss about being a teenager.

69. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. If I didn't have kids, I'd still probably sleep until mid-afternoon on the weekends.

70. I'm the happiest when my family can be outside chatting with the neighbors until dark and watching the kids running around and laughing.

71. I love to read. Every time my 20 year old stepson visits (which is about every other week) he is amazed that I'm reading a different book than the last time he's been here. What can I say, I read fast. Especially when I feel a connection to the characters.

72. I have 3 stepkids. A 21 (almost 22) year old stepson(the one who has the little boy). A 20 year old stepson. And a 7 (almost 8) year old step daughter. The boys and I get along great, it's been harder with my step daughter, even thought I've been with her dad since she was just a year old. But now that she's getting older, and coming to visit us regularly every other weekend, we're finally establishing a good relationship.

73. I have no regrets of things I've done in the past. Every decision I've ever made has made me who I am today.

74. My son's middle name is my mom's maiden name. Giving him that name was probably the best gift I ever gave my mom. The Christmas I was pregnant with him, we gave my mom a snowman ornament that said "Grandma" on it, along with a card (from the baby) signed with his full name. It took her a minute to realize what she was reading and when she did, she started crying because she was so excited and honored.

75. I miss my dad a lot. He moved 2 hours north 4 years ago, and we only get to see him 1 or 2 times a year. We used to see him at least once a week before he moved.

76. I have only one (younger) brother, and we fight ALL THE TIME. We've ruined holidays with our fighting. (Its never my fault..seriously, it's not!)

77. I used to think my husband's sister didn't like me. Now we get along great!

78. I have been impatiently waiting for my 19 month old daughter to start talking. She's only been saying "Bye", "dada" or "Tag"(our dog's name) for months now. The other day she said her first (sorta) sentence. She pointed out the window and said "Side, wanna play!" "Side" meaning "Outside". And she's also started calling me "mama"..finally!!

79. When I was little I had the chicken pox 4 times! I KNOW, you're only supposed to have them once, but I never had them bad enough to become immune until the last time.

80. Last year on Mother's Day I came down with the worst flu I've ever had in my life. It was SUCH a great day..NOT!

81. I never have figured out what the playground taunt "Go suck an egg" was supposed to mean.

82. I can't wait to become one of those "snooty" moms on the PTA.

83. I have a weak lower back and am constantly injuring myself because of it.

84. I blame pregnancy for my back problems..kids really screw your body up!

85. Months 5-7 are the most enjoyable being pregnant. At least for me. You're finally showing, not just looking like you ate too many desserts, and you're not to that miserable point yet. I'd have 100 kids if the whole experience was as fun and comfortable as those couple of months.

86. My tubes are tied. (Too much info? Sorry!)

87. I had all of my kids by c-section. My body is incapable of dilating properly, even with the help of Pitocin(a drug that induces labor). We found that out during labor with my son, and I had to have a (sorta) emergency c-section with him. Hospital policy where I had him at doesn't allow VBAC's (vaginal birth after cesarean) so I had the girls by scheduled c-sections. (Again, TMI? Sorry!)

88. I could have gone to a different hospital and tried a VBAC, but for me, it wasn't worth it. It would have been different if I'd have had a c-section because he was breach or something, but since it was a flaw in my body, I knew it would be safer just to schedule the c-sections. Plus, CONVIENIENT! My husband and mom knew months in advance to plan their vacation time.

89. Even if I won the lottery, I'd probably never move from our 3 bedroom 1 bath ranch house. It's so perfect for us. (Although, I would finish the basement, adding an additional bedroom & bath down there, and expand the girls' room.)

90. Even if I dont ever win the lottery, which is probably pretty likely since we dont play it) we will still do those things to our house..it'll just be YEARS down the road.

91. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love the hot weather, cookouts, fireworks, parades, and the feeling of pride of our country.

92. My wedding dress was priced at $695. I bought it from a local boutique that was going out of business, for $65! (That was including tax!) Can you say BEST BARGAIN SHOPPING EVER!?

93. I'm slightly addicted to Facebook.

94. I dont understand Twitter, but I tweet on it everyday.

95. I never realized how much I love yard work until we owned our own home.

96. When my son was born, and I held him for the first time after he had been cleaned up, weighed, and measured in the nursery. I asked my husband if they had put baby lotion on him. (He smelled so sweet..just like Baby Magic lotion.) My husband told me no, they didn't even use any soap, just a warm towel. I never realized how amazingly good newborn babies smelt. I was instantly in love and wanted to just chew on him!!!

97. I still get butterflies holding my husband's hand.

98. There are 2 books that I read once a year, and have done so for the past 10 years. "Gone With The Wind" in the summer. "Little Women" in the winter.

99. Before my son was born, I wished he would have my hazel eyes. He instead got his dad's gorgeous blue eyes. When my 2nd child was born, I wanted her to get her brother and dad's blue eyes..she did. So when I had my 3rd child, I again wanted her to have those blue eyes..it wouldn't be fair for her to not get them since the other 2 did..but she has my hazel eyes, and I tell ya, I was a tad upset at the beginning, but there is NOTHING like looking into your child's eyes and seeing a reflection of yourself.

100. My name is Jen..and I just probably bored my 2 readers with 100 things about myself..but at least I had fun doing it!


If you want to do this (it is kinda fun!) make sure you leave a comment for me so I can visit you and read your 100 Things!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen,
You sound like a total people person! I much prefer my privacy! I'd hate neighbors popping in on me! (Now, that isn't very hospitable is it?)

Isn't it funny how we try to plan what our children look like? I wrote about that in the first chapter of my book. I really thought I could just pick. ha!

Maybe you have back problems because you sleep on your tummy. My back aches SO bad when I do that. You must be more flexible than me!

Okay, my absolute favorite thing about you was that you have panic attacks at the thought of ordering pizza!!!! OMGoodness! That is SO FUNNY!!! :) Abigail (my daughter) would understand.

Thanks for telling about you. :)
Lynnette

Jared Kraft said...

Some hilarious stuff on here. : ) I'm also a big reader (I'm always moving between Ted Dekker, Dean Koontz and Clive Cussler with the occasional sci-fi/historical novel.)

I love the idea of an ideal neighborhood, although (like my Mom) I much perfer my privacy.

Kudos on coming up with 100 things! It's almost impossible. lol

God bless,
Jared (Lynnette Kraft's son.)

Jen said...

Lynnette - I think its awesome that your daughter would understand about the pizza thing..maybe she could talk to my husband and let him know that I'm not the only one in the world like that! haha! ;)

Jared- Reading rocks! I love Dean Koontz, too! Hopefully someday you WILL find the ideal neighborhood for you..it's really great when a neighborhood just "clicks" with your personality!

Anonymous said...

I just watched Twilight with my 23 yo daughter, and thought it was good, it had a better story line then I thought it would! I live out of town, but can really understand how you enjoy your neighborhood, especially with young kids! thanks for sharing..Blessing Shi~

Jen said...

Shi - the movie for me was just okay. I should have clarified in my post that what I am totally addicted to is the Twilight series of books..I'm re-reading them already and I just finshed the whole set last week! :) Thanks for visiting!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I don't like ordering pizza either I always feel like I am going to mess up the order or something. Your neighborhood sounds great, I wish my neighborhood was more of a family neighborhood.

MrsM said...

First of all, Beaches? LoL-Did you have to bring that up? The THOUGHT of it makes me want to cry!

I can't imagine what it would be like to have step kids almost as old as you are-that must be a challenge!-but I can relate to hating the high school experience, disliking the name Heather, and fighting with a younger sibling (although now that my little sister has a kid we get along MUCH better).


Thanks for letting us know about you! I'm going to be doing a 100 things list for my 100th post (which is after 5 more posts)...you should drop by!

Jen said...

Mrs. M - Believe it or not, its actually easier to have step kids close to my age. We get along great, and when we all get together it's like hanging out with my best friends! It's the younger one that is more challenging.

And of course I'll check out your list when you put it together! I read you every day so it wont be hard to remember! :)

Raye Ann said...

#8 I do that too. I can't stand a messy in box.

Owning your own home is one of the best things in the world.